Cold War Essay Topics: Best Ideas Start Here
The Cold War was a protracted time of intense diplomatic conflicts between Russia and its Allied Forces allies and the United States and its NATO forces. Experts debate on the actual dates of the war, but most believe that it began immediately after WWII stopped.
Since there were no armed battles between Russia and the USA, it is regarded as the Cold War. During that period, though, many political conflicts and violent oppositions in the territories of other states took place, thus confirming the tension between the two superpowers. Thus, there are tons of topics to pick and write about because of the lengthy period of that conflict and numerous events it encompassed.
This abundance does not, however, imply that picking a topic will be simple. So, to assist you in making your decision, we’ve generated a list of helpful prompts to guide you in writing about this significant historical period.
How to Select the Best Cold War Essay Topic – Easy Guide
The student’s freedom in topic choice is not always a guarantee of a quick and hassle-free homework completion process. Also, without the proper assistance, you may end up choosing a subject that takes 150 pages to discuss or is just worth a line.
So, here are some pointers on how to pick good topics about the Cold War:
- Select a topic that you are completely familiar with.
- Be as precise as possible.
- Collect information and select fascinating facts or events to discuss.
- Write it clearly and concisely.
Also, remember to read your lecturers’ instructions carefully when choosing a topic to ensure there are no misunderstandings or issues later on.
So, where are the promised essay topics about cold war? Check the lists below.
List of Cold War Essay Topics: the Best Idea Lives Here
- What was the environmental impact of the war?
- The connection between the Domino concept and the Cold War.
- Who was involved in the conflict?
- The connection between Korean and Cold War.
- Is the war still having an impact on individuals and society?
- The effects of the conflict on global political relations.
- The impact on the European countries.
- The American anti-Communist propaganda.
- What’s the primary reason for the conflict?
- To what degree did the tension influence US-Latin America relations?
- What legal regulations relate to such international conflicts?
- The effect of the war on socialism.
- What were the armed conflicts between the Soviets and the United States during this period?
- The ideological opposition of the USSR and the USA.
- Who was the initiator of the conflict?
- What third parties suffered the most as a result of the USSR-USA tensions?
- How did the war in Korea begin, and who did the USA support?
- What was the influence of Germany’s reunification on society?
- What influence did the Cold War have on American culture?
- Is Reagan given too much praise for ending the conflict?
- The causes of tensions between the US and the Soviet Union.
- Why did Korea become the battleground for the USA and the USSR?
- The triggers lead to many years of tension (key events and figures).
- The spillover effect of the tension to other states – example of Cuba.
- The politics of the United States during the war.
5 Cold War Essay Questions for Self-Check List
- What are the causes of the conflict in Vietnam?
- How were Latin Americans affected by the events of that period?
- What were the reasons for Red Scare?
- What was McCarthy’s source of power and control?
- What countries in the Soviet bloc were against the USSR?
10 Cold War Essay Ideas for First-Timers
- Liberal sentiment in the conflict’s aftermath.
- Japan’s influence in the region was affected by the US-USSR tensions.
- Did the American idea of Russia’s containment work out?
- What contribution did the conflict play in technological progress?
- The arms race between the USSR and the USA: significant innovations.
- Was the development of the hydrogen bomb possible without the conflict?
- How did both superpowers progress in space exploration?
- Fall of the Berlin Wall – far-reaching impact on the US-USSR tensions.
Questions? We Are Glad to Answer Them All!
These are just a few examples of possible essay topics you may choose. Still, if you don’t feel like writing a home assignment on your own, we have several historians and political science experts on the team. If you need assistance with your essay, please do not hesitate to contact us. We can complete your task promptly and without plagiarism.